1. Open Control Panel > Display - If you don't see the Display icon then select the Large Icons or Small Icons from the View Menu.
4. Use the slider to adjust the gamma, and click Next
5. Click Next about two more times, and then use the sample photo to help you adjust your screen brightness, using your monitor or laptop brightness controls. Then click Next again.
6. Use the displayed sample image to adjust your screen contrast.
7. Click Finish. If you leave the Start Type Text Tuner checked, the calibrator will take you to the ClearType Text Tuner. That is another thing that is good to use too.
Let us know if it helped with viewing your monitor better. Your eyes will thank you! :)